The Liberia International Non-Governmental Organizations (LINGO) Forum is seeking a new
The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated individual, ideally with experience working
in an international NGO context. They will have demonstrated skills and experience in
coordination, administration and effective communication.
The candidate can be either an
international or national already residing in Liberia.
Interested candidates should email their CV and a cover letter explaining why they are interested
in the role to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Subject: “LINGO Forum Coordinator”
Closing Date: Monday; April 8, 2019 @ 5:00PM
This will be a consultancy / service provision contract and not an employment contract. Please refer to the attached terms and conditions for further details.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The INGO Forum of Liberia, known as the Liberia International Non-Governmental Organizations
(LINGO) Forum, was established in 1997 and was initially known as the Management Steering
Group (MSG). The name was subsequently changed to more succinctly reflect the structure of
network of INGOs, and the forum has been continuously in existence since 1997. The mission of
LINGO is to support its members and facilitate communication via information sharing, advocacy,
liaison activities, and capacity building. LINGO also aims to actively and effectively liaise with
entities outside of the INGO community and often functions as a point of contact for the entire
INGO community in Liberia.
LINGO Coordinator Primary Responsibilities:
The LINGO Coordinator (LC) will be primarily responsible for the below-mentioned items. These
items will be utilized to attain deliverables within the timeframe agreed upon between the LC and
the LINGO Coordinating Committee.
– Facilitate monthly meetings of Country Directors of LINGO
– Be the primary contact individual for inquiries regarding LINGO
– Communicates with external entities including, but not limited to United Nations,
Government of Liberia and other INGOs/NGOs
– Facilitation of communication within the LINGO Forum by ensuring that communications
adhere to guidelines set forth in applicable LINGO ToRs and SOPs
– Ensure that INGOs seeking new membership within LINGO meet eligibility criteria as
outlined within the New Membership criteria within the SOPs
– Ensure that LINGO members continue to maintain membership adhering to the criteria set
forth within the LINGO ToR
– Responsibility and management of daily LINGO operations including Logistics and
Finances in accordance with LINGO SOPs
– Conduct internal assessments on LINGO to gauge member needs, member satisfaction
and LINGO operational and programmatic gaps
– Facilitate the research, design and implementation of LINGO activities
– Chair the Support Group meetings
– Perform all responsibilities and duties in accordance with applicable LINGO ToR’s and
LINGO Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
– Any further duties or responsibilities as requested by LINGO Coordinating Committee.
– Undergraduate in Business Administration or similar field
– At least 3 years previous experience in a similar role
– Fluency in English
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Adept in Microsoft Office
Terms of agreement:
A service fee will be paid to the LC at the end of each month for 30 hours of work per week. This
fee is paid for through LINGO Forum membership contributions. Accommodation will not be
provided for the LC and is not the responsibility of the host-INGO or LINGO.
The LC will be responsible for her/his own personal security as well as her/his own medical,
evacuation, and travel insurance.
This position will be for persons currently residing in Liberia