Association Friends of Raoul Follereau – AIFO-Liberia
Vacancy Announcement No. 11
Project CAD-L / SIDA
Issued on: 06 November 2020
Deadline for Application: 15 November 2020
Position Title: Accountant, Coordinated Action on Disability in Liberia – CAD-L (2020-2021).
Qualified women and men with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please be informed that this is a national position, so the terms and conditions of Liberian employees will apply.
AIFO Liberia is looking to hire an Accountant to provide support to our CAD-L project team in support of the management of the “Coordinated Action on Disability in Liberia – CAD-L project.
The “Association Friends of Raoul Follereau” (AIFO) is an Italian non-for-profit organisation that has been present in Liberia since 1997. AIFO Liberia offers opportunities for people affected by leprosy, persons with disabilities (PWDs), women/children and members from vulnerable and marginalised communities to lead a better quality of life. AIFO Liberia focusses on healthcare and economic empowerment to provide a better quality of life and create large scale positive change. AIFO Liberia is accredited by the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, Republic of Liberia; accreditation number 0094.
In January 2020 AIFO launched the project “Coordinated Action on Disability in Liberia – CAD-L. People living with a disability in Liberia enjoy opportunities for employment, self-employment and entrepreneurship in the public and private sectors”, funded by SIDA (Swedish International Development Agency). The project aims to target the area of economic empowerment of people living with a disability in Liberia as a means to deliver positive change in their lives as well as in the overall society. CAD-L also intends to address gender imbalances in the participation of disabled women to development initiatives. It is implemented in the counties of Montserrado, Bong and Nimba, in partnership with the National Commission on Disabilities (NCD), the National Union of Organisations of the Disabled (NUOD), and the Alliance on Disability. Specific Covid-19 measures are now part of the project.
The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant field. Professional experience (minimum 3 years) in project finance and accounts, preferable including experience working for a non-governmental organisation. Advanced Excel knowledge and skills, and good knowledge of the usual computer software applications. Advanced knowledge of accounting packages. High level of numeracy as well as written and verbal communication skills in English language. Excellent analytical and organisational skills, and ability to manage deadlines. Self-motivation, integrity, communication and interpersonal skills, methodical and problem-solving approach, adaptability and ability to work with a team.
About the Role
This is a short term contract that is lasting until 28 February 2021, with a possible extension. The duty station is Monrovia, Liberia. The Accountant will be working full-time and in close collaboration with the CAD-L Project Advisor, M&E Manager, and Finance Administrator and Logistician, and s/he will report to CAD-L Project Manager.
- Collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and reporting of CAD-L administrative operations, in particular: Data entry in AIFO administrative software (NPS) on a daily basis.
- Guarantee the correct registration of the costs as per the Project Budget Breakdown.
- Ensure the preparation of proper administrative supporting documentation.
- Ensure the timely preparation of payment vouchers and payments.
- Responsible for assisting with month-end close activities and preparation of periodic financial reports for donors.
- Maintain and update the filing of administrative documents in the Finance Office and on AIFO’s server.
- Cash management duties: responsibility for cash box and cash counts, cash and bank reconciliation on daily basis, etc.
- Procurement tasks, including: purchasing and maintenance of the project goods;
* providing the needed supporting documentation, collecting offers, conduct quotation and bid analysis as required, etc.;
* follow-up with suppliers for contract signatures, delivery notes, and invoices;
*ensure all AIFO’s and donor procurement rules and procedures are complied with.
- Logistics: operations in support of project in general and of specific activities.
- Ensure financial obligations are met in accordance with AIFO and SIDA procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the AIFO Liberia Administrator.
The above list includes indicative overall, high level duties and responsibilities; SMART objectives will be prepared by the individual in collaboration with the supervisor and will be reviewed quarterly during an appraisal session.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your CV, a cover letter detailing how you meet the job specification and two references to: email@example.com indicating in the subject of the email: Application for CAD-L Accountant position.
We apologize in advance, but only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. The selection respects the principles of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).
DOWNLOAD PDF CADL-Accountant_vacancy_NOV2020_Final